The first week of January brought a small movement to the list of the most read Amazon books. Here’s a look at the top 20 list.
Between January 2 and 8, nothing new made it onto Amazon’s list of the most read books. This does not mean that there was no movement at all.
The Top 5 remained broadly the same as last week. The only difference was that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling won a place and Dune by Frank Herbert lost a place. This is not surprising because the Harry potter books tend to remain the best books read each week and are usually dropped due to current releases or movie / show adaptations.
In fact, the Top 10 has almost remained the same. The only change was Hail Mary project by Andy Weir to return to the Top 10. He gained a spot to enter 10th place, hitting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling down one place.
The Last Wish returns, The Great Hunt goes back
There was a new addition to the list, but it wasn’t a new book. The last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski entered the list in 16th place. It is not surprising with The witcher Season 2 released on Netflix at the end of December. The book also re-entered Amazon’s top-selling book list the week before.
We have also seen The big hunt by Robert Jordan gains two places to enter the Top 15. This is the second book in The wheel of time series, so it’s no surprise to move up the list. Fans of the show may be reading now knowing that The wheel of time Season 2 is happening.
Most Read Amazon Books: January 2-8
- Go tell the bees that I’m gone by Diana Gabaldon (-)
- Eye of the world by Robert Jordan (-)
- Harry potter and the sorcerer’s stone by JK Rowling (-)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (+1)
- Dune by Frank Herbert (-1)
- Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (+1)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling (-1)
- Apples never fall by Liane Moriarty (-)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (-)
- Hail Mary project by Andy Weir (+1)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling (-1)
- The list of judges by John Grisham (-)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling (-)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling (-)
- The big hunt by Robert Jordan (+2)
- The last wish by Andrzej Sapkowski (back to school)
- The last thing he said to me by Laura Dave (+2)
- wish you were Here by Jodi Picoult (-)
- Leviathan Falls by James SA Corey (-4)
- Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris (-)
What books from Amazon have you read in the past week? What’s on the list to read this week? Let us know in the comments below.
Get your Amazon books with Kindle Unlimited with Amazon prime.