While Americans in the United States are busy celebrating Independence Day, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite developer Niantic is up to something special for its players in July. However, before Niantic further unveils the mystery of last month’s brilliant events, witches and wizards have more opportunities to take on enemies from previous months.
From June 28 at 11 a.m. PDT and ending July 1 at 11 a.m. PDT, players had another chance to detonate Harry’s second Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, with a hexagon or two. In the Adversaries event in the Adventures of Gilderoy Lockhart, not only was there an increase in the sightings of Gilderoy Lockhart’s opponents, but you also had the chance to face off against the magical creatures he claims to have fought in his books. . Earlier this month, players saw more and more vampires, witches, trolls, and gnomes. Speaking of which, there were also themed tasks from his many books, which you can see below:
- Use two edible dark marks: 20 Spell Energy
- BREAK WITH A BANSHEE: Return three Foundables guarded by Banshees: 1 Silver Key
- TRAVEL WITH Trolls: Return eight Foundables guarded by Trolls: 6 Snowdrops
- HOLIDAYS WITH HAGS: Return eight Witch Fragments: 1 Spirit Sharpening Potion
- JOURNEYS WITH VAMPIRES: Defeat six vampire quirks: 1 potent exstimulo potion
- Earn 1750 Challenge XP via Wizarding Challenges or Adversary Chains: 1 Defense Against the Dark Arts book
- MAGICAL ME: Defeat six Gilderoy Lockhart: 1 Defense Against the Dark Arts book
- Rewards: Five Dark Arts Defense Books, 500 XP, 60 Coins, 30 Energy Spells
The bonus tasks also referred to other books in Lockhart’s bibliography, such as Gilderoy Lockhart’s Guide to Household Pests, Gadding Ghouls, and Who am I? Pretty smart, Niantic.
The next day the players were treated to a new event which was neither an opponents event nor a brilliant event. Instead, fans got a chance to take part in an event called Dragonologists’ Delight, which was clearly aimed at Charlie Weasley. From July 2 at 11 a.m. PDT and through July 8 at 11 a.m. PDT, players have seen more and more sightings of Peruvian Vipertooth, Chinese Fireball, Welsh Green, and Antipodean Opaleye Oddities. There were also special Portmanteaus that provided players with eggs for the dragons involved in the event.
July 2021 Community Day is the next event and it starts tonight at 12:01 am local time. Instead of increasing traces, Niantic once again focuses on guaranteed items found in strongholds as well as wizarding challenges. You can find the list of Guaranteed Foundables and their respective rooms below:
- Entrance of visitors to the ministry from the forestry chamber III
- Fountain of the magic brothers of the forest chamber V
- Thunderbird from Dark Chamber III
- Dark Chamber V Magician Chess Queen
This month’s Community Day, as always, ends at 11:59 p.m. local time tomorrow night, so be sure to gather your fellow Duelists to claim a stronghold.
The last scheduled event of the month so far is the first Adversaries event for July. The All Feared Adversaries event will begin on July 14 at 11 a.m. PDT and end on July 21 at 11 a.m. PDT. This opponents event will be the culmination of all our enemies with Niantic pitting players against every opponent we’ve ever faced. Make sure to perfect your magic wand technique. That will be difficult.
And it looks like it is. The developers mysteriously left out any bright events for this month. However, Niantic has included a post on how he will announce the rest of the July schedule later. One wonders what Niantic is brewing in his den. Given the reveal and the cliffhanger that followed at the end of last month’s Brilliant Event, this next event will likely be significant. (For your benefit, there will be no spoils here.)
Are you eager to face all the opponents? What do you think Niantic has in store for us at the end of the month? Let us know in the comments.