- A dazzling installation of Wizarding World [w]and honor Leicester Square to celebrate the 20th [a]anniversary of the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone film and its premiere in Leicester Square in 2001
- The installation consists of nine 15-foot-tall wands depicting nine key figures of Harry potter and Fantastic beasts films and is presented in partnership with Discover Leicester Square
- From October 13 to 25, the enchanting installation will bring magic to Leicester Square Gardens.
- The official 20 [a]anniversary of the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone the film will be celebrated this [a]fall, with the film returning to UK and Irish cinemas starting October 29.
- The baguettes will be on display in cities across the UK next year, leading the way[-]until the exit of Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore in theaters from April 8, 2022
LONDON, UK: October 6, 2021 – A stunning installation of nine giant baguettes will light up Leicester Square Gardens in London, where Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone premiered in 2001, as excitement builds for the 20th anniversary of the film’s release.
Standing fifteen feet tall and forming an 18[-]meter catwalk, the wands are exact replicas of those belonging to nine of the Harry potter and Fantastic beasts films and join Harry Potter and eight other bronze statues in the [“]Scenes in the square[“] installation.
The nine wands will be illuminated from 6:00 p.m. to 8:35 p.m. every evening from October 13 to 25 and will perform regular light shows to the music of the Harry potter and Fantastic beasts [films] the scheduled days.
Chopsticks will be part of the Inside Out Festival – a brand[-]new free festival produced by Westminster City Council and its partners which brings art, entertainment and culture outdoors to the streets of Westminster and will run until the end of October.
Polly Cochrane, Country Manager UK & Ireland at Warner Bros., says: “We are delighted to unveil the Wizarding World. [w]ands in Leicester Square in London to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone released in UK cinemas and I look forward to the release next year of Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore.
Leicester Square itself has played its part in the legacy of the wizarding world by hosting premieres for the Harry potter and Fantastic beasts movies spanning two decades, so we’re excited to bring the wands here for fans to enjoy.
The official 20 [a]birthday of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone will be marked on November 16, 2021 and celebrated throughout the [a]fall, with special screenings in cinemas across the UK and Ireland starting October 29. Other celebrations include a visit to the 9 ¾ platform [t]rolley, which will be installed at stations in Edinburgh, Birmingham, Cardiff and Belfast.
Following the announcement of the UK release of Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore, the baguettes will then tour four leading British cities[-]until the April 8 release of Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore in cinemas, following a national vote on the next destinations of the baguettes. The victorious Hull, Stoke, Reading and Birmingham locations will each display the wands for a week starting in March.
Harry Potter Magical Movie Mode is a wonderful new way to experience Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Available now on Blu-ray, DVD and digital.